Saturday, September 18, 2010

Kick Off - Dark Dream

               Their pale flesh gleams in the moonlight.  They walk in silence other then moans of their own flesh which can only be satiated by flesh of what they once were.  Slow as a zombie is their groupings are more than deadly.  Once the flesh has been ripped others will come to join in this yummy feast of blood and flesh in order to survive this dark evening; one must be agile.  There is no question about the pain that can be inflicted if caught by those that used to have souls.
               Coming around the corner I slow my pace down.  In front of me, what once used to be a beautiful woman with a full bosom was now creeping up the parking ramp in upper reaches of this garage I had taken shelter in.  Moaning at the smell of my flesh she starts to limp toward me.  I know that if her teeth touch me I will join the terrible death attacking my few fellow humans that still survive.  I must not allow this.
               All it takes is a hard, blunt force to the head to stop them in their tracks.  One must always remember to use your surroundings.  In this case being on top of a parking garage allows for many advantages.  Throwing my shoulder into the wench I pick up the flesh eating zombie at the hips.  It’s jaws snapping at my flesh but not being able to reach me at the angle I have her.  There is no question what will happen next in my head.  Off the edge of building the body flies.  One last moan is heard before the soft thud of this once human flesh.
               Sighing over the loss of yet another human that I hope will now be able to rest in peace.  I make my way to the elevator shaft I had been using as a cover to catch up on some much needed sleep.  Picking up my sword and buckling on my two desert eagle guns into their holsters.  These were once a dream of mine to own.  Now they were just tools that could easily be replaced.
               Darkness was starting to fade to light.  I almost prefer the darkness more than light.  Sleep and dreams of better days come to me.  My red headed love I miss dearly.  Not seeing her for years hasn’t made it any easier to think about.  She was the first I had to kill.  Her teeth trying to rip my flesh in the middle of the night as I held her tightly, I broke her neck.  No longer would she be in pain.  No longer would she have to live in this horrible world.  Her children must have smelled my flesh because they came next. 
               A tear gently rolled down my cheek with the old memory.  I must always keep moving though trying to find out what happened in the world that caused such an atrocity.




No comments:

Post a Comment